Chincoteague Blueberry Festival
- From 9am - 4:30pm each day, join us at the Chincoteague Center for the largest Fine Arts and Crafts Event on the Eastern Shore featuring family friendly entertainment, arts, crafts, blueberries, blueberries and more blueberries!! Visit www.chincoteagueblueberryfestival.com
for more information.
Southern Herd Roundup
- The Saltwater Cowboys will begin rounding up the Southern Herd, into the Southern Coral, Saturday afternoon around 4:30pm. The Southern Coral is located on Assateague, just off the road that leads to the beach and is accessible to the public. For more info, visit www.chincoteague.com/pony_swim_guide.html
Northern Herd Roundup
- The Saltwater Cowboys will begin rounding up the Northern Herd, into the Northern Corral, Sunday morning around 7:30am. The Northern Corral is not accessible to the public during the roundup. For more info, visit https://www.chincoteague.com/pony_swim_guide.html
Pony Beach Walk
- On Monday, around 7am, the Saltwater Cowboys will move the ponies out to the beachfront then south along the Ocean, and join them with the ponies in the Southern Corral. The Refuge will open at 5:00am. To view the ponies walk down the beach, we recommend driving to the beachfront and parking in the recreational beach parking area. Bring snacks, water, bug spray and cameras to enjoy this spectacular event! Bicyclists and hikers can use Swan Cove Trail to access the beach. For more info visit https://www.chincoteague.com/pony_swim_guide.html
Annual Pony Swim
- On Wednesday, the Saltwater Cowboys will swim the ponies from Assateague to Chincoteague. The Ponies will swim across the Channel and come ashore on the east side of Chincoteague Island. The swim time will be announced at a closer date. After the swim, the ponies rest for 45 minutes. Then the Saltwater Cowboys will "parade" the ponies down Main Street, to the carnival grounds corral. For more details: Visit www.chincoteague.com/pony_swim_guide.html.